The Light Ships is also part of a series of creative projects by François Matarasso. Under the shared title of Regular Marvels, these use artistic approaches to explore the place of art and culture in people’s lives. Since 2011, and the first regular marvel supported by Multistory, three have been published:
- Where We Dream: West Bomwich Operatic Society and the Fine Art of Musical Theatre (2012)
- Winter Fires: Art and Agency in Old Age (2012)
- Bread and Salt: Stories of Art and Migration (2013)
Each book is available in print and as a free download from the Regular Marvels website. Projects currently in process are:
- A Wider Horizon, which looks at touring the rural Norfolk and Suffolk, and
- From My Life, which is about meaning in classical music
The Light Ships, which will be published in September 2014 is the latest in the continuing series.